Innovative Orthodontic Centers is thrilled to announce that we’re one of the first practices in North America to offer Invisalign treatment with MA to correct Class II malocclusion, which is doctor-speak for an overbite in growing patients! This incredible breakthrough means more patients than ever before can enjoy clear aligners from the start of their treatment to the finish. This takes the place of metal braces and metallic appliances, such as the Herbst appliance, which means much more convenience and comfort for the patient. Invisalign with MA is the first FDA-approved clear aligner treatment for Class II malocclusion in North America. Dr. Ibrahim and Dr. Gin have friends that have used MA for years in other countries and they’re beyond excited to be able to give patients this high-tech option.
What is Mandibular Advancement?
Class II malocclusion, or an overbite, is one of the most common reasons children and teenagers seek out orthodontic treatment. In fact, it accounts for about 45% of teenage case starts around the world each year. An overbite is characterized by top teeth that appear to sit too far in front of the bottom teeth when the teeth are closed together. A small lower jaw is one of the most common reasons for a large overbite. Orthopedic correction (jaw modification) is the best way to eliminate an overbite in growing patients. MA encourages the lower jaw to grow forward instead of the older methods like using braces with headgear or appliances, such as the Herbst. While really effective, these choices can be very burdensome and they involve a mouth full of hardware. Well, not anymore! Invisalign with MA is changing the game. It has made skeletal correction possible with zero hardware and the research proves it!
How Does Invisalign With Mandibular Advancement Work?
These special aligners are crafted from smooth, BPA-free plastic just like your standard Invisalign, Invisalign Teen and Invisalign First. However, they also have precision wings integrated into the design that are made from the same SmartTrack® material. The wings are on the top and bottom aligners and they sit between the premolars and first molars. When the patient bites down, they interlock and engage to hold the lower jaw (mandible) in an advanced (forward) position. The jaw is shifted incrementally forward until it’s in its proper place and the lower jaw grows into the ideal size matched with the upper jaw so that the overbite magically disappears over time! At the same time the jaw is advanced, the aligners also level and align the teeth. This gives patients a better profile, a functional bite and a stunning smile. What more could you ask for?
What are the Benefits of this Invisalign Treatment for an Overbite?
- It is more cost effective than the traditional overbite appliances.
- The precision wings attached to the aligners eliminate the need for extra appliances to fit.
- Invisalign with MA simultaneously advances the lower jaw and straightens the teeth.
- The treatment is hardware-free and more comfortable than traditional appliances like the Herbst.
- The aligners are removable for maximum convenience.
- There are zero food restrictions! Popcorn for everyone!
- Since kids take the aligners out to brush and floss, they can keep up with their regular oral hygiene routine, decreasing the risk of cavities and gum disease.
- There won’t be any emergency appointments or broken hardware.
- The aligners are nearly invisible, so kids and teens will feel confident about smiling all throughout treatment.
- Patients can continue to do all the things they love like play sports and instruments without worrying about cut lips or a damaged appliance.
To find out if your child or teen is a candidate for our Invisalign treatment with MA in Naperville or Shorewood, book a free consultation today! Schedule your visit at Innovative Orthodontic Centers online or by calling us at (630) 848-6960.